Sunday, June 22, 2008

Paci-free: Day 5

It's going pretty well. MUCH better than we expected, really.
That being said, Rebecca is cranky! We're not certain if it's because she's going w/o the pacifier or if it's something else all together. She does great all day, she rarely asks for it and we can easily distract her when she does. The only hiccups we've run into is nap times.
This morning she went right now for a nap without too much protest. But her naps are still all funky, not scheduled at all, which is very unusual for her.
So for the time being we're just making everything up as we go along.

We did have a good time today wandering around Lowes. Brian needed tools for work and Rebecca needed to get out of the house!
She made it very clear that she wanted to walk around ('Mama! Down! Walk!!' pretty much says all I need to know, right?)... that is until she found an abandoned shopping cart. She took a turn pushing it around backwards through the ceiling fan aisle then asked to go for a ride in the cart. I strapped her in and wandered around that area.

I just *happened* (errr... yeah... happened) to come across the bathroom lighting section. I've loathed the lighting in our upstairs bathroom since we bought this house 4 years ago. 1) It's ugly and 2) The lights get SO HOT that even during the coldest times of the year I swelter when getting ready in the morning. When I found the lighting fixture I've wanted for years on clearance for $33 I decided to take it as a sign from above.

So after 4 long years of waiting I finally have my pretty new light fixture. It's in a box in my hallway but it's still mine!
Just in time for us to sell our house!

0 comments: