Monday, September 8, 2008

Rebecca's first crush

Rebecca has a first love. We're shocked that she's fallen so hard for a boy at such a tender young age. But none the less, she has. And we're thrilled with her choice.

The man in question is.... Harry Potter.

I'm not joking. Brian was home with Rebecca for a couple of days recently and had been watching Harry Potter while she napped. When she woke up, it was still playing and she pointed and the TV and said "Boy! Glasses!" She sat transfixed for quite a while.

Now I must point out, we don't generally let Rebecca watch TV. For one, she's never been interested. Plus we don't have cable. What would she watch? My Sex and the City DVDs? Um, no.

Anyway, over the next several days she'd point to the TV, grab the remote, press buttons and say "Boy! Glasses! Where's boy?!" So Brian would succumb and put in a Harry Potter DVD. She'd happily sit, playing with her toys, all while pointing at "Boy! Glasses!"

This weekend I started teaching her the characters. Now she knows "Boy!" is also known as "Harry". His friend is "Ron!" I didn't think she'd be able to master "Hermione" just yet so for now she's just "Girl".

I hate to remind her that Harry Potter in fact grows up. I'm not even going to consider letting her know (just yet) that (SPOILER- If You haven't read the last book and you intend to, stop reading now) he later in life marries Ginny Weasley. I don't think her little 1 year old heart could take it.

So for now, we're in the midst of Puppy Love.

What do you think? I think they make a cute couple.


0 comments: